Friday, December 28, 2007

Once more unto the 'resolutions' dear friends, once more...

At this time of year we are reminded of the resolutions of the New England pastor and theologian, Jonathan Edwards. If your New Year's resolutions are as basic as mine (do more sit-ups; read more books) then we might benefit from reviewing Edwards' meticulous list of spiritual commitments. One of the oft-quoted resolutions is 'Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live'. But this is just one among many striking phrases.

Here is one that stands out for me year after year:

'Resolved, to live so, at all times, as I think is best in my devout frames, and when I have clearest notions of things of the gospel, and another world.'

You can read all of the resolutions at the Center for Reformed Theology and Apologetics page.

May the Lord grant us wisdom and firm resolutions.

Tim

1 comment:

Stewart said...

unrelated to the post but I am seeking some assistance in tracking down a journal that is published in the U.K. that ran a series of articles written by Peter Toon on John Owen a few years back. I think the journal had "reformed" or "reformation" in the title but am unsure. I emailed Peter Toon but he cannot remember. maybe someone here may know.
Thanks
Stewart

Credits

Copyright © 2008 Kristoforos Media. This layout made by and copyright cmbs.