Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Beef up your Latin ...

Fellow Conventiclers:

In case you didn't hear about it, there is a (medieval) Latin reading group for postgrads with novice-and-up Latin knowledge at our institution, meeting Thursdays at 3PM, starting tomorrow. We're going through Aquinas' 'Five Ways' together. Right now it looks like the number of participants is small, but I'm sure the profs leading the group would welcome more.

If you want more info, email me. Please! I need some support in there ...

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim (Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.)

2 comments:

Bridges said...

Thanks Chris. I am already taking Elementary Lain in the School of Classics. Another hour of Latin in the day may cause something in me to explode. My wife already tires of me pointing out Latin roots on street signs and in movies we watch. Bonam Fortunam.

Chris Ross said...

I understand, Tim. For some reason, my wife isn't gushing with appreciation when I offer her etymological lessons either.

E pluribus unum -- prius lexus Tyranosaurus rexus.

Credits

Copyright © 2008 Kristoforos Media. This layout made by and copyright cmbs.